1. ZipGrade: You find yourself in the unfortunate position of not having much technology in your classroom--but you have your smartphone! ZipGrade is an app that allows the teacher to turn their phone into an instant Scantron machine. With ZipGrade, students won't have to wait to get their results of a quiz. Simply hold the phone over the sheet as you would for a picture or scan and the app does the rest, instantly providing the results. And, you can send the class results to a PDF or CSV report.
|Correct papers with ease with ZipGrade|
2. Remind: Most of your students have cell phones. So why not use them as a class communication tool? Ask your kids to install the remind app to get class updates and class news. Use it as a tool to remind the students of upcoming tests and due dates.
3. Dropbox: Create an account to be used specifically for your classes. Then, create separate folders for each class. Instead of students handing in paperwork, use your phone to take a picture of student work and put it in the appropriate folder. Students can also set up their own Dropbox accounts and turn in work via a shared link. Teachers can also deposit class assignments into a shared Dropbox for student retrieval, making the class paperless.
4. Scannable: Scannable is an iOS app designed by the people at Evernote to make scanning documents easy. And, if you're already an Evernote user, Scannable makes it easy to scan documents directly to Evernote as it will save directly to Evernote. Scannable also allows for saving to a multitude of apps as well, including Dropbox and Google Classroom. Collect student work by scanning into Evernote or Dropbox. Create student portfolios by scanning student work into your Evernote notebooks.
5. Workflow: Workflow is an iOS app that automates your iOS tasks into the push of a button. Workflow can save you valuable time by combining multiple tasks into one. You want to save that picture or scan to Dropbox? You want to save a screenshot or picture as a PDF so students can annotate it? Create a workflow and do so with the push of a button.
|Scannable makes storing papers easy!|
|Workflow can save a teacher valuable time.|